To insure a unified standard of behavior at our Munches and Play Parties and remove all apprehensions about “What can I (or can’t I) do?”, Riverbound has developed the following *Policies, Rules and Guidelines* for those attending our events. Members and guests are expected to follow these rules. Members should be familiar with our Code of Conduct and our Protocols too.
Munches And Forums
- Munches will be held during the second weekend of the month, in the following preferred rotation: Friday night, no earlier than 7p.m., Saturday night, no earlier than 7 p.m. and Sunday brunch.
- At the Board meeting held in the last quarter of the calendar year, the Board shall set dates for the following year. Special circumstances such as holidays should be considered when the dates are set.
- Dates and times can be changed by a vote of the board.
- The attendees will pay all costs of the meeting.
- Munch location will be announced at the Play Party and to those on the RSVP List.
- RSVP’s are due 48 hours prior to the event. Accepting late RSVP’s is at the discretion of the munch organizer
- ALL Munches are RSVP through our Munch RSVP page.
- You must be attired in clothing that is suitable to be seen in public.
- The munch committee is responsible for:
- Finding a suitable location (privacy preferred).
- Determining a subject to be discussed.
- Leading or designating someone to lead the discussion.
- Taking RSVP’s for the Munch.
- The munch organizer or their designate will check ID’s.
- Directions and location will be posted to the RSVP list at least 24 hours in advance of the munch.
Dom Discussion/Sub Forum/Switch Forum
- The Sub Forum will be held during the third week of the month. The leader of the event will determine the time, date and location.
- The Dom Discussion will be held monthly, day and time being determined by the discussion group leader.
- The Switch Forum will be held during the third week of the month.
- Attendees will pay all costs of the meeting.
- RSVP’s are due by midnight the day before the event. Accepting late RSVP’s is at the discretion of the function leader.
- RSVP’s is at the discretion of the function leader.
- Directions to and location of these events should be posted to the RSVP list at least 24 hours prior to the event.
- The event leader, or their designate, will check ID’s.
- Riverbound owns the Riverbound.net listserv. A member of the Board will serve as List Owner.
- Joint accounts are allowed (2 or more members with one email account) as long as the List Owner is notified.
- The subscriber list will be purged annually through a required introduction process.
- All Riverbound subsidiary listservs will be purged at approximately the same time as the main list.
- Subscription in the Archives list is restricted to Riverbound subscribers only.
- For all lists NO flaming is tolerated. A post will be considered to be a flame if it includes angry, hostile,or abusive language directed at an individual or group of individuals, as opposed to being critical of the ideas being discussed. If a flame is posted, the member will receive one warning. Further offenses will be dealt with as described below:
- If a possible flame is posted, anyone may post it to the board list to get the opinions of the board members. If it is agreed that it is a flame the member will be given a warning.
- If a subsequent flame is posted within a year of the first offense, anyone may post it to the board list to get the opinions of the other board members. If it is agreed that it is a flame the member is put on moderated status for 60 days.
- If a subsequent flame is posted within a year of the second offense, anyone may post it to the board list to get the opinions of the other board members. If it is agreed that it is a flame the member is removed from the group for a minimum of 6 months.
- No subscriber may be removed for list violations without approval of the Board. The List Owner will temporarily suspend the subscriber’s ability to post until any Board vote concerning the alleged violations is taken.
- Posts should be of a BDSM nature or related to the group or its members. If it is not about BDSM, it should be labeled as Off-Topic (OT).
- No “trolling” (posts in which one is looking for partners) should be posted to the listserv. This is allowed as part of a member’s annual introduction.
- The Board Liaison to each committee will provide the Listowner with the proper header information each month.
- The Listowner will request everyone on the list to do an introduction from every subscribed email in order to remain on the list.
- The List owner will set the time frame for the introductory process (not less than 2 weeks).
- Any screen name not introduced will be removed from the list.
- List moderators and owners of subsidiary lists will remove screen names not introduced on the main list. They will coordinate with the main Listowner for accuracy.
- No spamming will be allowed on the listserv. Spamming will be defined as any post which is meant to promote a commercial enterprise or the means by which someone earns a living. Exceptions to this definition may be made by the Board. Subscribers to the Riverbound listserv may advertise personal items or services for sale, within the limits of all Federal, State, and local laws.
- Notices of events and activities at groups other than Riverbound are welcome, as long as the notices do not violate any Riverbound rules, protocols, or SOPs, and are infrequent. Such notices must include a disclaimer that the event and/or activity is not associated with Riverbound.
- Anyone who is over the age of 19 may join the Listserv by following the proper procedures. Belonging to the Listserv is considered a subscription and does not constitute being a member of Riverbound. Listserv Subscribers will not be required to sign a waiver. Subscribers may attend official Riverbound events.
- Riverbound will have two levels of membership: Annual Member and Supporting Member. All members will be required to sign a wavier annually and provide their real name, address and email address
- Annual Member – An Annual membership will cost $65.00. An Annual Member has the following privileges:
- May attend all Riverbound only functions at no extra charge (excluding the October Anniversary Party).
- Will have access to the members only section of the website.
- May vote in the annual Board of Directors election.
- Trial Membership – A Trial membership will cost $15.00. It is good for one month.
- This Protocol does not supersede any other protocol. All event rules (including RSVP’s) must be followed.
- The membership year runs July 1 – June 30th.
- Annual & Trial Membership fees are non-refundable.
- After January 1 an Annual Membership fee will be $35.00 and will expire on June 30th.
- Members should be subscribed to the Riverbound.net listserv either individually or in a joint account.
If you choose to use the payment plan the cost of an Annual Membership is $69.00 per person per year. The payments MUST be made in 3 equal payment installments of $23.00 each. If one payment is missed, the fee is forfeited.
PAYMENTS HAVE TO BE RECEIVED BEFORE THE PARTY DATES OF EACH RESPECTIVE MONTH.
Again, for details regarding behavior standards and the rules we live by, see our Code of Conduct and our Protocols.